RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA EC Key Measures of Performance - Last 15yrs
Old 02-18-2019, 01:14 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie

Isnt that pretty much what I just said? Like you and App they have General business knowledge but no knowledge unique to this industry. Big box marketing doesn’t work here. Research the most successful hobby shops going back at least 40 years. Most of them owned by people with no business education.

Correct, Big Box Marketing will not work.
Hence why AMA needs to do some serious restructuring or it will be ending up like Sears.
It needs to downsize, this is a point and click society and its very mobile and its wants and needs are focused all on social media. AMA needs to get rid of the "Headquarters". Its antiquated and with tons of overhead, is a cash draw. The AMA is not in the THEME PARK business, they are a support and lobbying organization.
AMA can support all us members from a small office park.
Their biggest fault right now, IMO, is their networking and internet communications. Instead of seeing how to make the magazine "better", they need to put 100% attention on that trainwreck of a website.

I think they need to hire a corporate axeman who will come in and lean the organization. Its not pretty, but it needs to be done for an organization to survive in these times. Franklins graph shows an huge decline right at the 2008 recession and the AMA has yet to really recover. If the economy goes into a bear recession in the next few years, I doubt the AMA will make it.