RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pilot-rc PREDATOR 2.2m Sport jet / full composite
Old 03-13-2019, 11:46 AM
MikePS

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikedenilin
Hi All, I was the original owner of the Predator 2.2 in the military paint scheme.

I can share some of my flying experience.

1. Crow: I try it without and with crow. Without the crow, the wing would tip stall more easily when it gets too slow. I like to land it at walking pace with two wheelies landing. Had scratched the wing tips a couple of times until I added crow into and it would land slower without tip stall. I definitely recommend adding crows.

2. Flaps and Elevator mix. I like to use a lot of flaps for landing, I had the landing flaps set at about 70 + degree. With that setting I had to add some up trim. ( I think it's 3-4 click up) to maintain at level. I add a few click up to release the back pressure on the elevator stick and set the nose at good slight 1-2 degree up and carry 1/4 power on base to final. At this setting I really don't have to apply anymore elevator. I just use throttle to control the descending rate.

The aluminum spar can bend easily. I was going to try putting a wooden dowel in the spar to keep it straight since I flew it with a Jetcat 180RXi. It has a lot of power but I can management to take the spar out easily so I was not aware that it had bent. I hope the gaps can be smaller. It has the gaps since the day one I got it. Hope they can improve in the future

Regards,

Mike
Do you recall how many mm in Crow you used?