RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIG Four-Star 60 Build
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 11:53 AM
VincentJ

Received 118 Likes on 107 Posts

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!!!

I joined the left and right wing panels this morning and while the epoxy sets, I thought I would take this opportunity and give a short tutorial on how I make servo brackets. These brackets are bullet proof and I've made them for all of my planes no matter the size. They can be made for a little bit of time and very short money. The aluminum angle stock is 1"x1" and is 1/16" thick. They can be found in most hardware stores or Home Depot.

The aluminum angle stock can easily be cut with a chop saw equipped with a wood blade.

Two pieces were cut for the right and left aileron servos.

It's best if you have the servos before you start this project because a notch will need to be cut out for the servo. This will ensure that your custom bracket fits perfectly as servo sizes vary.

I scribed, center punched and drilled four servo mounting holes in the bracket.

Four holes were drilled on the bottom of the bracket which secures the bracket to the plywood servo hatch. Three lightening holes were also drilled.

A little bit of filing and sanding is all that's left! I think it took me about 20 minutes to make this bracket.

Four 2-56 x 1/2" cap head screws secures the servo to the bracket.

Make sure the servo doesn't make contact with the notch cut into the bracket, this will isolate the vibration from your air frame shortening the life of your servo.

Last edited by VincentJ; 03-18-2019 at 01:01 AM.