RCU Forums - View Single Post - G-mark .061 prop question
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 08:57 PM
ffkiwi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great work pondskipper-you might well find a lot of takers for those turbo heads and backplates if you intend going into production-I'd certainly take several-I forget how many 03s I have...4 or 5 as I recall....2 or 3 R/C ones and the remainder standard....given the supply of original glowheads is virtually non existent, people would be happy just with an equivalent......one that is better than the original is gilding the lily.....and should be extremely well received....

One point to be aware of if using the original tank [irrelevant is using your alloy backplate]-the plastic is not as tough as the Cox tank material-and running the engine in open exhaust can melt the top front edge of the tank.....(you can imagine how I discovered this.....the hard way!)-the problem does not occur with the muffler in place obviously....and equally obviously-the effect depends on the exhaust port orientation with respect to the tank.....in my particular case the ports were fore and aft....supposedly the best for scavenging and performance

ChrisM
'ffkiwi;'