RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR is coming back.
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 07:00 AM
bchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
Same here. Only time I ever had a bind issue was if I had my transmitter to close to the airplane when I turned it on. Been flying 12x's for about 12 years myself. Dsm2 and dsmx receivers. If the 28x had been backwards compatible with the dsm2 and dsmx i probably would have bought one but the idea of having to buy over a dozen new receivers as well just didn't put a warm fuzzy feeling with me.
Transmitter being too close to the airplane could have been the issue. It seemed most of the time it happened was in the pits. I think it was an issue even if I was farther away too. However if it wasn't bound in the first place, moving futher out wouldn't have helped unless I turned it off and back on again and I can't say that ever happened.

I didn't have even close to that many receivers, so the switch was pretty easy for me. Might have thought otherwise with over a dozen. I never understood why Spektrum and JR shared the same "system" in the first place? I always thought that Spektrum had patented the system and JR was using it under license, but never was for sure. It was good they finally broke out on their own.

Last edited by bchapman; 04-12-2019 at 07:20 AM.