RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can you overvolt a low RPM DC motor + cheap ESC choice?
Old 04-21-2019, 12:26 PM
Laggger164

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by suburban_hooligan
i think unless you're running a trail truck or crawler avoid the brushed motor in the link. it's a 45 turn. when it comes to brushed motors, the lower the number the faster they are. type of car pending, you would want something in the 12 to 17 turn range for 1/10 scale off road.
if you want to gamble with $20. the brushless ESC is a better bet so long as long as it will work with your motor (im not seeing a KV limit listed so idk).
personally id just save my money until i could afford a decent ESC. i think you can get a new sensored hobbywing for around $60. take some time, shop around. there are reputable options out there for $50 - $60 bucks.
Thing is, my car is a Monster truck, and while it is fun to go fast on the road, it is also interesting to go to a field or a forest and run around in there.
That's why I got the sensored version in the first place, just didn't expect it to give up the ghost so fast (I think the motor is still intact though)

I might try and find another ESC, hopefully nicely compatible with that motor.