RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best quality video?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2003, 08:43 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best quality video?

Well, the image quality is about the best I have seen in actuality with the Supercircuits system. It was pricey at $350 but not as bad as other systems I have seen. I guess what I am less than happy with is the reception I get with the system which is kinda cranky about where the plane is where the cheapo $25 system holds the signal better. This could be due to how I have the tx mounted in the plane which requires the antenna to be folded at a 90 degree angle (its hinged) and this is something I plan to check on.
I am also going to look into a patch antenna for this system and we do have a yagi antenna to try out but needs a second person to aim as its got a 6' boom length.
I just figured that for what the system costs there should be NO dropouts! As far as its range vs the BlackwidowAV range, that I cant tell you as I havent compared the two.
Once I get my vehicle situation straightened out and can concentrate on the video stuff properly, I should iron it all out and will definitely share the results here.
ORIGINAL: crashone

Hi! Dan:
[Knowing what I know now, I wouldnt have purchased the Supercircuits system but would have purchased one of the Blackwidow systems instead. Or will in addition, probably. Havent given up in the 900mhz system but the signal reception is very disappointing]
Is it because of high cost of Supercircuits system or picture quality?

[The Supercircuits 900mhz system holds a good signal as far out as I have flown it but is very touchy about flying over the antenna.][/quote]
If the plane did not fly over the antenna what about the picture quality, better or same as Backwidow system?
Supercircuits system does have much bigger range than Blackwidow system, doesn't it?
Thanks.
[/quote]