RCU Forums - View Single Post - spektrum AR12310 Receiver Issues
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 05:13 AM
walid67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyKunz
I'm not sure what you are seeing as the problem. If it is the low RSSI number when on the ground, this is normal. It's called the Fresnel Zone effect and you can read about it in many scholarly places on the web as well as some RC sites (which is sometimes in error). Basically, when you are close to the ground, signal range is dramatically lowered.

The best units for RSSI reporting are %Range. The raw % is useless in my opinion. The dBm value is the most valuable, but it is hard for most folks to understand. Note that at close range, the dBm value drops off rapidly but drops more slowly as you get farther away. That is because this is a logarithmic value.

If you are seeing telemetry range as an issue, keep in mind that telemetry range on these is about 40% of control range at most. You have control of your model for about 2km (it depends very much on environmental and installation, so I can't give you an exact number) in the air. You can only see it for a much shorter range, so if you can see your model then you can control your model.

As noted in the previous message, that is corrected with the update. Please update your receiver to the new code.

Andy
Thank you Andy for the details, I switched off the alarm notification for the RSSI as it was disturbing me. Rightly so the plane was on the ground and the low % range reading was confusing me as I did not understand how I can be so close and still getting this reading. Next time I will fly and check. On the servo twitching, it happened on my 105" aileron servos when I used MKS 777A+ and power box cable extension. When I switched receiver to JR RG1131BPU instead of 12310T, servos behaved normally. I spoke to MKS support, they mentioned about "clarity of the signal" and MKS servos being very sensitive, I'm not really expert in this domain so not sure if I'm conveying the right message. I really hope receiver software update will sort it out.