RCU Forums - View Single Post - It's time for something different
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 07:36 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by MAUS45
Your work is so good. I wish I had those skills!!!!
I wish I had better skills paint and weather my models. I see all the wonderful paint schemes many of you do and I never have anything to compare,
showcase. I've been wanting to try some of the techniques I've seen but usually my models end up looking like they've just been deployed from a factory.
If you ever see a model of mine that looks good paint wise it's likely someone else did it. The Hetzer above was painted by whoever built it. The Panther sadly was me.

In fairness many of my models are glow( alcohol) powered which limits the types of paint I can use; I've never found top coat fuel resistant satin or gloss
coats that work well. A few worn spots and the fuel residue gets under it and it's done. These trucks happily will be electric but most of the tanks
I'd likely run near them are gas. I actually did have one model running of actual gasoline but it ended up running so hot I had to convert it back to alcohol
based fuel. Being able to use gasoline made painting easier. There have been a couple of aircraft paint manufacturers who still make fuel proof or resistant
paints that I have used but the variety is slim. Klasscote is one such maker. I would love it if one of you pro painters lived nearby- I'm commission you to
paint my models!

Jerry