RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rudder touch
Thread: Rudder touch
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 10:45 AM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rudder touch

The person who started 3D is Ququie not chip, kirk and certainly not jason (which for the record are all super pilots that can fly far better than I can (right now)). The rest of them just followed in his footsteps. Besides there is no more TOC and I have a good feeling from all of the younger talent that I have been seeing I feel that these guys might have a run for their money coming within the next 3-5 years. About 75% of this new talent is based on all out RAW 3D with enough precision added in the routine to make the pattern guys jealous
NOBODY on here argues that there is not some risk involved in tail touching or rudder grabs. And I would assume that nobody would argue against the fact that this risk can be avoided. However, any time there is an airplane in the air then a certain level of risk has been taken, the only way to eliminate all risk is to say at home in your shell. Its the clubs (organized or not) decision to decide what goes on. If the club is an AMA club they need to stick to all of the AMA rules. My club is not AMA b/c we dont want all of the Chiefs and Indians to say what we can and cant do. Instead we are a bunch of guys who go out there and have fun, we stay within our limits when others are present. We are yet to have a problem after 6 years of flying. Im not saying this is the best method for everybody but it has worked very well with our club. I think other clubs should try this and maybe have some kind of legal wavier that you sign when you join up saying that you cover your own @$$ if something happens. Anybody is welcome to show up and fly but we dont take kindly to those who come in and try to establish official rules. You will more than likely be asked to leave in a very southern style