RCU Forums - View Single Post - Blast from the past..Dumas Miller American convert to brushless
Old 09-09-2019, 09:02 AM
flycaster2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THX Hydro,

1. Yes just a plug to keep krap out. When I got the engine, I sealed everything up.
2. Yes, I noticed that also, but as built to the plans. The fins will come in a wee bit when the top wing is actually installed, just sitting inbetween for photo op.
3. Yes, I know I have to pack out the strut mounting and make it "tighter", but still being able to make angle/depth adjustments. The "holes" are actually "ballast tubes" I put in there if I needed nose or inside right weight. I made sealing plugs for those if/when needed.
4. I left a bit of length for a thrust bearing on the drive dog, and I make a slip yoke for cable to engine connection will allow almost 1/2 " inch of cable wrapping due to torque.

But I know I can nestle in a 6s 5K MAH battery into the nose, but may have to go to 8s or 4s2p? and relocate battery location. Looking for info on the suggested components to go electric, Motor, (with applicable watercooling jacket or mount, waterproof ESC etc.
I don't know, that's why I am here asking you guys. And I have no issue with redoing the bottom pan if need be. Just need help in choosing the more correct motor/mount and ESC, then I can start to see what I have to do to go electric.

Last edited by flycaster2; 09-09-2019 at 09:23 AM.