RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 F-105 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 05:43 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Here are some screen shots I grabbed off of a short video I made today of the chute status page during bench testing.

Dave sent me an update and everything is working as designed. Its really a slick system and could have applications for more than just a drag chute. As my friend Frank said today....spoilers, speedbrakes, auto brakes, etc....

This screen shot shows just after a simulated landing with all deployment consent conditions armed and green but the ground speed is still above the high limit (shown in red) and the blue bars are in the closed pre-deployment positions. Note if desired, the jettison switch can be armed before landing but jettison will not occur until flaps are raised. No need to mess with another switch on landing roll or taxi back, just raise the flaps and the chute drops off.

This screen shot shows ground speed below the low limit in green and the blue bars on the right shows the chute door and deployment was commanded at the low limit of 18 mph. The door would be open and the chute would be out now.

This screen shot shows a simulated taxi back and my fingers just after raising the flaps with the jettison consent armed and green and the jettison blue bar is on the right. The chute would have been jettisioned when flaps were raised.

Here are the servos (or air valves if needed) that follow the blue bars. Now all I have to do is figure out how to build a chute system on top of the tail pipe!

Thanks again Dave for all your help and teaching.
Gary