RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sport Jets - small vs big
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 02:46 AM
jimibar

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by siclick33
Firsty, despite the introduction of the X45 I still don’t really see a big increase in the number of smaller jets. I am a small jet fan and this is quite annoying, but there are many more options available in larger sizes.

I agree with you, there are not as many options in the smaller jets as in the larger ones. But with the introduction of new smaller turbines, we can hope that the smaller jets will come anytime soon ?
I'm almost pretty certain that the turbine jet world will be democratized with the smaller ones. In the last Jet World event, it looks like some companies are releasing XXXL models, I am a fan of these huge models but not all jet enthusiast can carry/own/build a 3 or 4 meters plane.
The money has always been a big consideration to enter the jet world, but as you said the smaller jets are cheaper most of the time and the more people will be converted to turbine, the more affordable the jet world will be.

Originally Posted by siclick33
Or the best option, is to have at least one of each!!
I do have bigger jets but as I am looking for a trainer, I was really wondering if this time I can go smaller. It's easier to transport and put in place at the field. But I don't want to sacrify the flying enveloppe/characteristics.