RCU Forums - View Single Post - .40 size glow powered trainer
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 08:22 PM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by USMC2111
I’ve got the itch to go back to glow.

Don't blame you one bit. Glow is where it's at for me. I recently got two electrics and have had nothing but problems with them. Either the ESC not working with my RX or the motor burning up. The constant charging is the biggest deal breaker. When I take my electric to the field I fly my glow models many times over while the battery is charging. I can fill up my SIG Senior equipped with a large tank and can stay airborne for twenty minutes, land, refuel in 4 minutes, and go right back up. Try that with an electric.
Is everything going to mostly electric now
Sure seems like it and I don't like it one bit. Good news is that you find great deals on glows models. I have bought all my stuff from Craigslist for peanuts.
I was really wanting to get a Avistar Elite ARF or something similar. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I actually purchased an Avistar with along with a Nexstar recently that sat for many years. I only got the Avistar back in the air and the larger Nexstar is sitting as a desk ornament for now. Judging by the spotless glow plug and piston top I don't think it was ever even started much less flown. If you were closer to southern Wisconsin I'd sell it to you. Here are my oil burners at the airport last weekend:

Last edited by AllModesR/C; 09-25-2019 at 08:26 PM.