RCU Forums - View Single Post - Next project
Thread: Next project
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 01:22 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

I got all the components out of the Roo last night, as usual, there are things that will need to be change, like batts ( they have been ordered and are on the way ) some fuel lines ( not all of them) repaint the radio tray, lube the retract valve, I already service the wheels but have to add Teflon oil to the retracts cylinders to refresh the O rings.

The engine has been service by making sure all the screws are set, not tight but set, specially the ones holding the hot parts, my most used engine lost an exhaust cone screw but I found it in the back of the fuse ( Boomerang ) and other screws around the hot parts were loose, not all, some, inspected the turbine wheel and compressor, they are in excellent conditions ( the engine has 1 1/2 hr since new, bearings are smooth, change the starter O ring, this is a must, after seatting for about a decade they get dry and this one was half way gone, way too much for a 1 1/2 hr used engine, removed the old glue from the bendix and slide ( easy said than done ) a new O ring with a very small drop of thick CA ( very small ) on the pictures you can see how they locked the starter to the intake neck, by melting where they meet ( I didn't mess with that and you shouldn't eather) the P120 that came with the KC had a different intake neck design.

A word of advice, change the starter O ring on your engines if it has been in there for a long time, DW has them, don't let the damage that happened to my P60's compressor because of a dry and old O ring happen to your engine

Last edited by CARS II; 09-26-2019 at 02:31 PM.