RCU Forums - View Single Post - Next project
Thread: Next project
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 07:56 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

On Wen I took the Roo to my flying field to do things like, run the engine, range check, assembly of the airplane and more and a possible maiden flight, to my surprise, I left the ECU batt at home, brand new, charged and ready to go ( oh well ) but I did all the checks and all is good there, the CG was about an inch forward of the recomended spot, all checked good, took it apart and went home, on the way home I got me 2 pounds of 1/4 in lead wire from Wal-Mart, I added the length of the fuse, at the most rear spot of the inside of it, at the trealing edge, 3 times and 1/2 the length to get it to balance at 95mm, about 1 pound and 12 oz, the nice thing is that it can be removed at any time but it's also very secure, in fact it should stay there permanently and be part of the airplane from now on.

I also cut a hatch under and in between the rudders, made it with a live hinge and added a spring loaded latch, this way I have easy access to the ECU batt location I can remove it after I'm done flying.

The only thing left to do here is to give her the maiden flight, possibly some time this week, stay tuned.

ps: after the HSD F16, I already have the next project in line ( busy, busy )

Last edited by CARS II; 10-07-2019 at 11:39 AM.