RCU Forums - View Single Post - Allure Bipe production
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 07:59 AM
AmericanSpectre505

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Hello Allue bipe followers,

Bryan, Thank you for posting photo's of my beautiful Allue bipe (mine is the Yellow, red white and blue one). I will be posting an assembly thread on my bipe (delayed due to seemingly never ending travels). I pretty much followed Byran's directions and photo's on the CK Aero Facebook page and they were very helpful. I added a few things to mine such as; foam baffling in the chin cowl, added an attachment point for a 4-40 bolt at the front of the chin cowl, added spring clips on the strut pins (will add magnets as recommended) and added some carbon fiber paper inside fuse to the wing saddle (not really necessary) . I cut a new firewall former out of 1/4 balsa and laminated with carbon fiber to save some weight over the provide fiber laminated light ply version provided. The planes weight was 2650g when it arrived. The air frame and wings were packed very well, all the parts were packed very well and sorted in plastic bags. Bryan also did the designers touch on mine to install the engine crutch and wood mounting rails for my YS-185 DZ-CDI super mount. This service also includes the stab incidence aligned and the wings incidence verified (for an additional fee,well worth it for me living in two places with limited tools). The quality of my plane is absolutely fantastic and I just ordered the Alchemy bipe in the same colors (a bipe for P21 & F21- BOOOM!! ).

I have only a few flights on it; conducted in 15-20 mph cross winds on a wet overcast day (need to trim and fine tune on a calm day now). I was absolutely happy with the performance of the plane in those conditions. The balance was spot on per Bryan's photo threads on FB. The Allure bipe fly's big, very stable, presents well, rudder authority is fantastic, snaps very well, did everything I did with it very well. I followed Bryan's set up instructions for throws. I had more than enough power and then some with a slightly fat running engine. I hope to fly it more over the winter months and fine tune it. This is my first CK air frame and I am a BIG fan (hats of the the manufacturer, Bryan and CK Aero!).

Check back after the Thanksgiving holiday and I should have an assembly thread up with additional photo's.

Bill H.