RCU Forums - View Single Post - Comparison Time
Thread: Comparison Time
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 05:36 AM
dos007
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Early observations but keep in mind that these are just my opinions so far. I am still in programming mode and have only flown the Jeti and of course many flights on the Spectrum. I did not buy the new ix20 because I had an ix12 which I didn’t care for and I gave it away.

Transmitter Feel - Honestly I like them all but I will give the nod to the Jeti. I like the heaviness of the transmitter. So for now it is Jeti, then Core, then Spectrum

TX sticks - I like my throttle stick to have the indentions and be firm. I couldn’t get the core as tight as I wanted, even though the screws are all the way down. Ranking - Jeti, Spectrum, Core.

Stick Trims - it is a tie between Core and Spectrum. I hate the Jeti trim tabs and before you ask I have not tried the auto trim feature. Ranking Core, Spectrum, Jeti

Software/Program/Features - keep in mind I am still learning these so this may change as I set up more planes, especially my larger scale jets. I find the Core much easier than the Jeti. My early, very early, ranking - Core, Spectrum, Jeti.

I am impressed with both the Jeti and the Core. I don’t think you could go wrong with either one. I was planning to sell one of them but who knows I may keep both.

Please keep in mind that I am not sponsored and I am just an average modeler who has been flying since 1976. These opinions are clearly just my observations and may change as I start flying these radios.

Thanks for reading!