RCU Forums - View Single Post - UMS Evolution Radial Care and Operation
Old 12-23-2019, 12:06 PM
badangle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello again..I am. About to maiden my Ziroli Stearman...it should weigh between 18 &20 lbs. It came in at 22 mostly due to evolution 7-77 radial.
I have a 22/12 prop and also changed carb as advised earlier in thread. I want to thank all for sharing there experiences, both good and bad. I also
would like to thank MAXIM for his dedication to informing / educating the rest of us. I have followed his every suggestion with success. The change to
Carburetor kept me from using engine as boat anchor. And I inject a few drops of air tool oil into pushrod follower hole every few days..still smooth turning..
I just installed new batteries and am waiting for fuel to arrive..I have methanol to cut fuel 50/50 to give 7% nitro, 10% oil (Castor) and
the rest methanol. Using 22 inch dia prop for ground clearance concern. I have had plane built for a while but am very nervous about flying it as
parts are hard to come by. I was trying to buy a few extra pushrod but even thou I have exact part number (evo77716a) I can't find any ?
i want to ask Maxim ....do you mix your own fuel ? Now that local hobby shop has closed i pay high shipping price to get fuel.
thanks again and Merry Christmas. ..