RCU Forums - View Single Post - Non club member
Thread: Non club member
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 04:28 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie

Typical 3D airplane construction. Not much structure. The plate with the 4 screws is the landing gear mount.
Franklin, my comments had nothing to do with the size of airplane that you prefer to fly. My comment was pointing out the fact that the gas powered 3D type airplanes to achieve the required light wing loadings are quite fragile and do not do well on a rough surface. If that type of airplane had no issues with the runway surface then it is doubtful something like an Apprentice or Timber size airplane would not have either. Size of the airplane really has nothing to do with it. Are you somehow under the impression that back in 1977 I was learing to fly on a giant scale airplane? There was nothing Elitest about my comments so no you can't cry foul, maybe next time actually read what I have written without that chip on your shoulder.
You weren’t there, so you cant say whether the above “typical” is indeed even close. What I can say is that it was completely frustrating flying anything from my fleet off that grass. Two different 40 size and one 25 size were utter frustration. You can either believe me or not. Your choice. But it is one major part of the reason I’m not a member. $100 a year for rough grass was just not worth it. Especially when you add 20 minutes or more each way.

And yes, the comments were elitist. The same virtue signaling tone that runs through all your posts. Keep giving your money to a dying organization. Continue looking past their mismanagement because “they’re the only ones....” Their strategy failed. They’ve become relegated to trying to find something positive to say about every failure with the FAA. Pathetic desperation to try and be relevant when everything they touch turns to mud.