RCU Forums - View Single Post - Big Chaos Gasser
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 03:27 PM
gizmospal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jan 21 2020.....Just looking for Big Chaos info as I am in the middle of building the Bluejay kit I got from a guy last Fall. Certainly glad I have some building experience under my belt as the plans and instructions leave a lot to be desired. For me anyway.... I'm one of those 'measure 5 times, and cut once' then ***??? Your finished plane looks quite nice. Not quite understanding all the comments on covering materials from everyone. . I am just using good old Monokote in a combination of Teal and Cream and Plum with some 2 inch black and white checkerboards on the wing tips top and bottom. Top wing will be cream and bottom of the wing plum with cream wiggly parts above and plum bottom elevators. Further trim not decided yet. I will be powering it with a SAITO 1.50 4 stroke in glow power. With the engine not mounted yet I don't know about that prop clearance you mention. Maybe a smaller than 18 inch prop and larger wheels. The plans and instructions show NOTHING about hooking up the rudder controls or servo location and do not show any connection to the tail wheel and rudder as if it was to be free castering. I did that with n old Balsa USA early .40 size Phaeton and it was swell on the grass, but totally out of control with ground loops on pavement. 98 % of my flying is from grass fields but we do get a chance at an airport taxiway and I wonder if the case would be the same with a castering tailwheel.
NOTE: I am not good at getting back and finding my way around these Forums, so PLEASE, if you reply to me, do it to: [email protected]

Blue skies and smooth landings to you all. I'm waiting for MAY when the snow is gone and the thermometer thaws out. 60 miles below Canada......