RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-One Models F22 Raptor build thread
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 04:53 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Kris, any kind of throw data from the factory or from prior jets?
I have flown it more then the factory so I would not go by what they say anyway .
For the ailerons you will want allot of throw. It does not have great aileron authority.

Elevators- You want about as much as you can get on them since you really cant go to far with the way they are set up. I will get some throws if needed on the one I am building. My first one needed up trim. Looking at this one it might have to do with the pipe angle. So with a twin it might not need up trim on a twin.

Rudders.... You do not want allot of throw. The rudders on a F22 have lots of roll coupling and you don't really need a bunch. It will take allot of flights to get the roll coupling dialed out of it.

Flaps I gave it as much as I could.

Thrust vectoring... I again gave it max throws. It is a big help with controlling the aircraft when slow. I never turn it off. On this one its not even on a switch and will be on all the time.

Will work on turning the rudders in with flaps down. I liked that on my old F18 because it helps bring the nose up. I will also add crow for landing since this also helps keep that nose high attitude.