RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-One Models F22 Raptor build thread
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 05:06 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Should have all the filling done tonight. Might be able to start painting the edges tonight. Painting the F22 is something that needs to be done backwards in a way. Since its all metallic paint you really don't want to tape on top of it. So the edges need to be painted first.

Edges get painted with Model Master spray cans Navy Aggressor Grey.
Main color is model master aluminum 4 parts to one part Graphite metallic.
Dark camo color is 4 parts graphite metallic to one part aluminum.

Next will be a can of 2K gloss clear coat.
Markings. Most are paint masks and the small stuff is dry transfer. All from Tailormade decals.
After that will be satin clear. You can adjust how far you spray this to get the about of flat you desire.
Weathering is last. I always weather after the clear so it changes when flying the aircraft. After I go a season with them the fuel I spill from fueling and the fuel that comes out of the vents does some authentic weathering with the oils I use when weathering.

Sean from StrictlyScale.Com Got me some new Pitot tubes to install. I will also be using his missiles. Along with remove before flight tags.

I have another guy I am looking forward to dealing with that has made a super detailed Aces II ejection seat for the raptor. Along with the scale parts that go into the missile bays like the breaker panels and such. Its a perfect spot to add detail that will draw attention when the aircraft is on the ground doing static display. Not sure if these parts will arrive before FL jets though.