RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-One Models F22 Raptor build thread
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 11:17 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
How about mixing in elevons to help with aileron authority. I’ve done this a bunch on f-18’s. Shoot, when I installed my jeti in my bandit, I used them there too as a back up as I once lost an aileron servo in flight.
Yes I will mix tailerons in when flaps and slats are down. For normal flying I don't like tailerons because I like doing clean 4 point rolls and slow rolls and don't like tailerons when doing that because it corkscrews.

I do everything simple also. My flap switch will do slats flaps and activate tailerons. I don't like flipping a bunch of switches when flying. I also never use rates. My flap switch is also my flight condition switch.

Using the AR system so I don't mess with gyro gain. It controls the gyro gain all by itself . Simply turn it on and forget. I just have a switch to disable it need be. I did not like flying the plane without the gyro. It flew night and day difference with and without. So my 285mm CG is probably on the tail end of the CG range so don't stray aft of that.

Bob I look forward to seeing you! Glad your coming down.

On the ground she has lots of switches to play with though. The gun door has a switch. Lights have a switch. Bomb bay doors of course but the moving missile racks I have setup to move also on a separate switch so I don't accidently hit it in flight. I doubt a missile sticking out on an angle at speed will end up well. then canopy also. The moving pilot has his own small control board so I wont control him he is preprogrammed already. Both arms move and his head.