RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parts Reliabilty!
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 02:56 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jarndice
If you think 1/16 r/c Tank spare parts are in short supply you won't have to wait long (sic) before almost every product and spares emanating from the PRC will be almost impossible to find,
.Chinese industry shuts down over the Chinese New year period and every year we suffer a shortage of Tanks and spares but Chinese industry did not return to work this year because the Government told them to stay closed,.
Which means almost all Chinese industry output has been desperately affected by the Covid19 virus.
We will now discover just how much of a grip the Chinese have on the day to day activities that we have taken for granted these last 25 years.
If this Virus does go global and is declared by the WHO to be a Pandemic then I suggest you start thinking of more important issues than R/C Tanking because it won't just be Chinese industry that shuts down.
The last Major Global Pandemic in the latter stages of WW1 killed billions of people.
^ This. Always slow for everything around this time of the year then pretty much the whole city is shut down atm due to the virus. Then compile whenever we are allowed to open it has to be in stages, then we have to fight with everyone trying to ship everything over that was missed..... It is a heck of a time. Also we have a global panic that is already starting to happen and it makes shipping even worse. Trust me, I have a TON of orders and containers are backed up everywhere and my life is no easier. As you can tell lots vendors are in the same place. I was speaking with some international dealers this weekend as well which are all feeling the pain. It sucks, I agree 100%, but there is nothing we can do atm until the Chinese government allows the factories to open. Other than that we just have to sit back and wait.

Remember you can always message me on the site too. Just because I don't have it in stock doesn't mean I don't have one or two in the back for repairs, replacements, or requests like this. I can't promise I can find it but I'll sure try and even extra hard if you let me know you are a RCU member. I'll pull parts off my own tanks for RCU members no matter who you are if I have it.

*also on a side note, it is MUCH worse than you hear. i've seen some crazy stuff over the last few weeks via wechat with our partners. all industries are going to be effected, even the PS5 and Xbox releases might be effected and they dwarf movie totals worldwide. think about that and then the small factories that make things like rc tanks. everyone is going to feel it this year, no matter what you do really*