RCU Forums - View Single Post - Current 2m pattern planes are really ugly
Old 03-18-2020, 10:20 AM
dreadnaut
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Regardless of being CD or not I would ask that you introduce yourself at the pilots meeting so that everyone could welcome you to the event. .
This may happen. In fact, In think I may have even met you. Is your name Kris? (very sorry about the loss of you brother. I lost mine about the same time.)

I flew a few contests in the late 90's, early '00's. A couple in Lancaster, one in Morgan Hill. A couple in Perris (Riverside) and Corona (Prado Dam.) The one in Riverside I won the novice event with a .40 sized Kaos. The last was in 2012 with a scratch built 8s electric I plan bashed form a Gator Giles.

This Hydeout has been hanging in the garage, never flown, for ten years.

This is what I have been doing in the meantime.

The green one has about 12k miles on it. The yellow one is an oval track racing bike I raced in 2013. The most fun I have ever had on two wheels. (no brakes!) I did put a brake on the front wheel to do an organized charity ride where they demanded I put one on it. http://www.bikethebay.net/about-the-ride/route/ since it is a single speed bike I only do flat rides on it. No hills except to climb the Coronado Bay Bridge. Coming down the bridge was scary since my legs were pumping 120 rpm)

Last edited by dreadnaut; 03-18-2020 at 10:31 AM.