RCU Forums - View Single Post - adding flaps to an arf
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 10:10 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is a ancient thread but deserves another look, it inspired me to buy the Marie by H-9 and do some basic mods to it before taking a major break from the hobby due to Personal issues.
I recently acquired another H-9 Marie 60 completely stock and in really decent shape from my initial inspection, stock wing is in great shape and I may mate it with my original fuse for a completely stock air frame powered by a OS 91 Surpass, part of my intro back into the hobby.
It came with a Saito 91, which I am not really all that thrilled with because I am not familiar with this engine we shall see I'm more of a OS guy,my plan is to replace it with a OS 120 pumped engine,do the paladin flap mod on my original Marie wing that I have electric retracts and wheel wells already installed on, and convert this new Fuse to a P-51 C Malcolm hood version which is my favorite Mustang version.
I happen to have a Topflite P-51B conversion kit I will clone,just got some new blades for the scroll saw, and a awesome P-51 C canopy I got years ago that's been in my stash just waiting to be used thanks to a RC Universe builder.
I know Bobby had a mod thread way back for his clone conversion.
I have yet to fully inspect and break down the fuse for oil damage, but it looks good so far, further inspection is needed for sure I will use a methodical approach and point out any weaknesses in construction and my solutions.
another plan is to relocate the not so scale tail wheel to a semi-scale location I did this to my original Marie and the look is a huge improvement , not sure but I might even do a retractable tail wheel but this requires some major work, we shall see how motivated I get,
I also want to do some mods to the tail feathers as I rebuild the turtle deck some more scale bits, hopefully this inspires to unpack this great flying model and get it in the air after we all get through this nasty virus situation, Be well and stay healthy while we deal with this situation.
please chime in this thread already has some really cool information and mods.