RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of coming back!
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 03:08 AM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts

Thank you John.

Yes my eye survived OK. with quick reactions from my wife !

I cannot speak too highly of my JetsMunt Merlin 100 a superb engine., now installed in my Rotkoski Sabre. That said my Xicoy 45 is a truly superb engine in every respect and after the midair with my Savex L39 its now installed in my Blanik. I can mostly strongly recommend both.

Yes the Snowbird tragedy revised a few memories. Shortly after my own ejection in training I lost a former colleague in a turnback accident which did not work. Low level ejections from a descending aircraft, so often fatal, as the video of the Snowbird crash so clearly shows. Tragic.

They were banned in the RAF when I was instructing on the Jet Provost and yet another turnback into a full PFL went wrong again for Red 3 at Valley resulting in another fatality.

Anyway, with my entire jet fleet, 13, serviceable, waiting for lockdown to end, including that original JWM Hawk,( plus another and a SkyGateHawk) its back to painting my latest, an Airworld Sea Fury, Moki 250 with Powerbox Core. Makes a change !

Good luck with whatever you choose.

best regards,

David.

PS You mentioned the JWM:

I have attended many, no thought of winning but to meet up with old friends, make new ones and to see and discuss the latest developments.

Two of the most enjoyable have been Meiringen in Switzerland and Leutkirch in Germany, fabulous events in wonderful locations, both driveable. and where I had great weeks.

I have not seen it mentioned on RCJ but the next is in a great location in Austria, where there are many attractions for families as well as model flying. Should make a great holiday !

Last edited by David Gladwin; 05-28-2020 at 06:21 AM.