RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any issues with liner peeling on O.S. MAX-160FX (non-brass liner + ringed piston)?
Old 06-21-2020, 04:05 PM
BriKali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any issues with liner peeling on O.S. MAX-160FX (non-brass liner + ringed piston)?

I've seen plenty of threads describing O.S. ABN (pre-ABL) non-ringed 2-stroke glow engines as having issues with peeling of the brass liner's nickel plating. I was curious if anyone has seen or heard this liner peeling issue extend to non-brass liner and/or ringed O.S. 2-stroke engines, specifically the O.S. MAX-160FX. It's unclear to me if the O.S. MAX-160FX has any sort of plating on its liner and, if so, what material this plating would be. But, if the 160FX's liner does have nickel plating like that which has caused issues on other engines, would the 160FX's non-brass (steel) liner and ringed piston make any peeling of a nickel plating a non-issue? From what I've been able to gather (please correct me if I'm wrong on this), the liner plating peeling issue seems confined to O.S. 2-stroke engines with brass liners, without piston rings.