RCU Forums - View Single Post - looking for suggestions for my son
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 09:59 AM
byroncheung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for suggestions for my son

My son is 8 and into cars. So far his only exposure to RC cars are just toy-grade RCs.

I'm thinking of getting him a kit electric car, so he can learn while he builds it. When I was a teenager (back in 80/90s) I had couple of electric RCs from tamiya & kyoshu, so while I'm not a complete noob, I have been out of touch for so long now I don't know what's the state of things now.

So I'm looking for recommendations on what should I get him. I'm thinking about off-road because we can just run in on our backyards/woods/parks and have some fun with it going over tree roots / rocks / little jumps. Speed/power is not a requirement since he is going to need some learning/practice, lower speed/power is actually good because that limits the potential of damage. And again I want to get a kit instead of ready-to-run because I think he will enjoy the build process and can learn from it. So what would fit the bills? Also obviously this is for a beginner so I don't want to sink too much money into it yet if possible.

TIA