RCU Forums - View Single Post - Questions for AMA Membership Mtg - 25 July
Old 07-10-2020, 05:19 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Questions for AMA Membership Mtg - 25 July

On 25 July, AMA will host (and live stream at www.modelaircraft.org/funfly) the annual membership meeting. Required by the organization bylaws, this is your chance to ask questions of "leadership." I'd argue that they have an ethical obligation to answer questions from members, but since we know transparency is not their strong suit, I'm not holding my breath.

I submitted questions to [email protected] per the email. I copied Joyce H and Mark R so they can't say "We didn't receive them." I encourage you to submit questions as well, and post them all here so we can all see what they're answering (and what they're not). That could be very good insight into whether they're willing to to really be accountable to members, or if we're indeed just the "unwashed masses" who don't deserve the courtesy of straight answers to straight questions. Here's the three questions I submitted to the AMA ED:

(1) How many sanctioned flying sites in class G airspace have received written waivers to law, specifically PL 115-254 Section 349(a)(6)?

(2) It's half way through AMA's 2020 fiscal year; year to date has AMA total spending exceeded AMA year to date total revenue?

(3) How many sanctioned flying sites in controlled airspace have received permission to operate legally above 500 feet AGL?