RCU Forums - View Single Post - Upgrading a kit
Thread: Upgrading a kit
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 08:21 PM
obrien135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy balsa webbing do you mean sheets of balsa wood and between the stringers in the front area of the fuselage? How would I beef up the wings? Are these are things I should be figuring out on my own? I'm not sure I understand the science behind it well enough you know what to do. I read a book on model airplane design but I still don't know how to beef up the wings. Do you have anything to say about the tail feathers? If they were already made in the fixed fashion how would I free up the movement on the tail feathers ? Would it be alright to use sheets of balsa to replace the original horizontal and vertical stabilizer assemblies that I can cut to make movable rudder and elevator I would I have to remove the tissue paper and cut the butter and elevator in critical places to free them up and then reapply the paper? Over a happy have to completely rework the tail feathers like originally but was pivoting edges? I guess a lot of this stuff I should figure out on my own I dented the liberator about things a lot before I get into them stuff I can figure out as they go along I'm just curious about what the standard ways of doing things. maybe I should just buy the kid build it as a rubber band model and then figure out the rest of it as I go along I've ever do decide to upgrade to RC which I might not even do drug that might not even fly it at all I have such bad luck flying planes that I might just keep her something to look at I just feel obligated to build a tissue model for some reason I don't know why