RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hooben's 1/10 T-34
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 11:38 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Jerry,

Your T34 has a stainless lower hull, doesn't it? That was to be the spec just like the Hetzer & Pz3. Any big honking gaps in the front like that one our buddy Larry came across 2 weeks ago in SH?

Am interested in hearing your take on the running gear & suspension once you have the inclination of tearing into it. As I mentioned before, the Hetzer's suspension is a joke - all 3DP parts that are rough if I wanted to be generous in my description & unable to take any abuse outside of being a shelf queen. The leaf springs have no real function to speak of & look like they were made from taking a pair of tin snips to an old beer can. Heck, my son's new tracked crawler we got this week off Taobao has far better travel & able to do high speed runs on rough terrain like a bat out of hell. Even comes with a metal suspension which ain't bad for under $37.00.

Sadly, we know Hooben all too well so if you want to upgrade, better plan the the DIY route & cast, machine &/or print your own parts since you'll never see anything from them aside from, perhaps, a set of track.

Its a damn shame since I've always liked the early T34/76 but after seeing what's needed to get the Hetzer to the level I expected, am going to sit this one out.

Chuck