RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need Help Finishing Build of Dumas Ske Vee 10
Old 09-02-2020, 08:19 AM
ADV57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron Olson
The Ski-Vee 10 was made for .049's and up to .12's at the time but your .15 isn't overkill. Dumas hardware is junk and not made for today's engines. When I was building (a lot) of .12 powered boats there really wasn't a lot of things to choose from but now there is a lot more options. I found out with the little boats you have to squeeze everything in there and there's a pattern as how they need to go in. Today's electronics are smaller so they're easier to install. You ma have to make accommodations for the fuel tank, cutting into the front bulkhead to make room but a 4 oz. tank is plenty.
I used a lot of Octura hardware back then but there are other sources now.
I'll be around to try to give you a hand along the way with other things as you progress.
Furlotte .12
Thank you! I hadn't thought about cutting into the bulkhead for the fuel tank. I did notch it to fit the started on the motor which allowed me to move the motor slightly towards the front of the boat. I sealed the bulkhead after making the mods. I'll have some pics up shortly, which will give you a better idea of what I'm working with. I used the Dumas hardware because I didn't know what else to use even though I questioned if it was good enough. Thanks for the info!