RCU Forums - View Single Post - St Louis Buder Park RC flying site video tour
Old 10-04-2020, 10:43 AM
RebElliot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I lived in St. Louis for a little over a year but moved back to Kansas City earlier this year, around the time Covid began. I had moved for work in order to keep my job as retirement neared, so it was never a long term plan. I lived about 10 minutes to the north of the flying field. I dropped by on a number of occasions just to see what people were flying. I think it's a really nice facility with a huge airspace (given that it's still inside the greater metro area), and I liked the attitude of the people who fly there. They weren't too strict, but nor did they have anyone flying foolishly. I thought it was better overall than anything we have in KC. I never flew there since I only brought my Slow Stick and Conscendo to STL. I love flying both, but they can be pretty boring in such a big open space like Buder. I preferred to fly those at a school very near to where I lived. If I wanted to fly something bigger or faster, I would definitely join the club there. Actually I would have joined just for socializing with people having shared interests, but my work schedule that year was crazy.