RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here again...introductions ...been 10 years. HELLO
Old 10-04-2020, 03:09 PM
Tommyjoking1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Winger,

Thank you much for your offer of help. I really must sincerely apologize for such a derelict late reply.....I work on the road constantly and the whole Covid thing has made it a real chore.

One thing about the Esky stuff..everything had a certain amount of "flex" made for a soft flying kinda thing. Which I can consider somewhat forgiving.

I have had time to figure out the 470Trex. I have not programmed in recovery into the Beast X but I am considering trying it out. I have had a few crashes, once losing it in the sun and a kamikaze nosedive to the ground....pulled out just in time to make it look like a fast car wreck! lol. The rest I simply lost orientation from flying a little to large a circuit. Nothing bad....typical damage.

I do not have a "sport" setup in my throttle and pitch curves anymore. I figure I might as well get comfortable with it at full pitch (85% throttle) and leave it there. Just flying simple circuits with a few moves here and there. Working way too much to spend any time practicing for 3d moves....leave that to the sim for now. About 30 flights in so far, still getting use to the weight. The Beast X is super sensitive to errant vibration...blade tracking, tail blades slapping....I don't even try to really determine main shaft deflection after a crash....just replace it. I tried about 4 flights with what I found out to be a .004 deflection in the main shaft. Flew like hammered crap. Tried the extended tail blades....I do not know why but tail control was not as good. Another thing I really think is crap is the whole tail setup. The tiny thrust bearings do not last long. They are also hard to find! Overall compared to the rest of the build the tail has a lot of slop quickly and is on the weak side. Be better if they put bearings in the arms instead of the bushings, they require constant care.

So far I think it is an amazing setup stock. Way more agility, power and response then I could possibly test at this point. I need to try some expo on my radio because it does seem a little difficult vertically at hover. Jumpy.

I will get in touch with you.