RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti CB 400 Problem
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 06:20 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by olnico
The problem above is that you are using the USB port on your CB400. You need to use the servo port labelled "USB" ( Ext 4 if I remember well ).
The USB port is only used to access the CB 400 mass storage device .

So get back to the previous procedure and plug in your USB dongle to your computer.
Then plug a regular receiver ( like a R3 ) and verify that you can access it in Jeti Studio and upgrade firmware.
That will tell you that your USB COM port is open and working.
Then plug your CB 400 via EXT 4 and click " update another receiver ".
Then power your CB400 up.
It should see it and allow you to upgrade.
if not, you most probably have a EXT port problem. Which I have never seen, by the way...
Thanks Oli, but if you read my first post, this is exactly what I did.

Every other receiver and telemetry dongle works just fine and connects right up to my jeti studio.

Connecting my CB 400 via a jeti usb dongle to the EXT 4 port (with a little usb label by it) and then powering up the CB 400, the CB 400 NEVER connects.

Connecting the mini usb of the CB 400 to my USB port of my Mac only shows the hard drive of the CB 400, no updating possible that way either, the way Dansey suggested.

I tried all advised procedures and it is not working. My CB 400 (in another airplane) works fine, all the myriad other Jeti rx’s and central boxes and telemetry dongles work great. Only THIS CB 400 is acting funny.

To reiterate my symptoms:

1. Intermittent telemetry input from my CTU’s, MGPs and my smoke system.

2. Unable to update via any input, especially the way the instructions say, Gary says and Oli says.