RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Powerbox Sensor Switch V3
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 09:28 AM
skunkwurk
My Feedback: (18)

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by danielcaceres1991
Hi, from what I understand when using the powerbox sensor the capacity of your batteries is added. For example if I plan on using 4000mah I can use 2 2000mah packs with the sensor. Is this correct, or do I need 2 4000mah packs?
Correct - It is like the Gemini. Think of mah as capacity or size of tank. You could technically run 1x 4kmah battery connected to the v3 or 2x 2Kmah batteries. You will probably end up with a similar flight time, obviously you loose the backup aspect of the system if you do not run redundant batteries. What is important is the user-selectable output voltages and battery type. Once you set it, it will deliver clean regulated voltage and the sensor will monitor each of the two batteries as you deplete them. It will warn you by way of LEDs when you begin to deplete them, condition of battery is color coded. It will also drain them both down fairly evenly. So if you have consumed 2Kmah and you lose a battery you will still have ~1Kmah in the functional battery. I installed one in a 1/3 scale cap this fall and I have been testing it in the shop. It works very well.

Note: Definitely cut relief slots for the wires, they are installed very close to the aluminum heat sync and unless you provide access you could pinch or fray a wire. Dave already covered this very well above, I learned this the hard way.

Last edited by skunkwurk; 11-29-2020 at 09:43 AM.