RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA's new "free benefit" isn't new at all ... LAANC's been free for a year already
Old 01-05-2021, 05:06 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AAbdu
How many people can work on a single project at a time anyway? And we all know government issues/projects are hurry up and wait. They might as well be doing something productive while waiting for a response or the public comment period. Again, if you have a "pet list" of what you would like to see done that was foregone in lieu of access to Telehealth to an elderly population, send it to them, or better yet, throw your hat in the ring and be that additional resource. You might be surprised to find out they are working on it. I'm not criticizing you, I'm just saying there are even more productive ways of complaining than being ticked off about all the phantom projects that aren't getting done. I learned a long time ago, if you are sincere about wanting something improved, be specific about it (I did see someones list earlier in the thread) or do it yourself. The AMA belongs to us, we can vote for officers and last AI checked they were not turning away volunteers. It is our responsibility to make it the best organization it can be, sometimes that means actually getting involved.

My daddy always told me;

"it's better to light a single candle than to curse the dark"
I do organizational performance improvement for a living, cost control, efficiency, etc. I offered to do assessment free of charge, just pay travel. They declined. Are you saying that every other higher priority is complete, so they have time and effort to pursue this garbage? Getting some benefit that that members actually already have? Every single member that is getting this new "benefit" for free already has it available to them for "free," Just from a different provider. And they have, for years. A benefit isn't a benefit when you already have it.