RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA's 2019 Tax filing - the financial implosion continues
Old 01-14-2021, 05:12 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Retiredat38
I believe your issue with fully symetrical may be one simply of incidences. Determine your thrust line and set it at zero for reference. For a flat bottom wing your stab and the top of the floats should both be at zero degrees as well. The wing should be 1-2 degrees positive for a flat bottom. I suspect that for a symetrical you may need to add 1-2 degrees more for a total of 2-4 deg. Not ideal for a symetrical but............. Thrust line and floats should be at the same incidence. A positive thrust line will cause the floats to dig into the water. Not good. Ditto for negative wing incidence.

For the OP: Outer Zone plans service has a handful of float plans available for a free download. My preference would be to use either of the first two,the 33" from GS Scale Products or the 36" set from Flying Models. Both are basically Edo floats and can be easily resized to fit any model. Link: Outer Zone
Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
LOL,, great you can analyze the incidence of planes you've never seen and that have been gone for over 20 years,,

Why new account Shawn?

Originally Posted by Retiredat38
All due respect but there are absolutely no supporting facts in your statement.
Meaning you expect us to take your word for it and quite frankly, your credibility when talking AMA is questionable at best.
You want to provide some supporting evidence and I for one will consider your statement. But without facts, your word simply doesn't cut it.
Even though we appear to be on the same page regarding the AMA's various areas of mismanagement , I still find it quite distasteful that you , who obviously have credibility issues yourself , have the gall to come in here throwing shade on any other longtime member's credibility . Yes indeed , I also DO NOT believe what Andy posted , the difference is that I would far rather see his flawed position rebuked with the actual facts presented in Franklin's charts VS seeing him shouted down with personal attacks on his character such as you have attempted to do . Scale only 4 me obviously has you pegged as a former member as the two above quoted posts indicate , and as a likely previously banned member returning here perhaps a little more sticking to the actual subject and a little less of the chest beating credibility challenges to present members may be in order ? Remember , when you point the credibility finger at someone else , there are THREE fingers pointing right back at ya !