RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Parts Do I Need? [Traxxas Rebuild/Refurb]
Old 01-16-2021, 10:40 AM
IDontWannaGrowUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BKoz559
If you're considering spare parts I suggest to stay away from aluminum parts and switch to RPM brand components. In that case you can consider skipping the link I showed you and just get the bearings instead. As you break suspension parts you can then replace them with RPM parts.

https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/?...6th-scale-revo

That should list the handful of suspension / steering parts made by RPM. I suggest them because they make replacement parts for all sorts of RC vehicles from a Nylon material that they guarantee for life. They usually re-engineer the factory designs to strengthen weak areas and generally improve the functionality of that component. Being made of nylon means the part will flex before it snaps. Aluminum is great for precision and accuracy but during an impact it bends and it's nearly impossible to straighten a bent suspension arm back to perfectly straight. It it's bent too far then it usually breaks.

Or if you're going for the ultimate "hardcore" look then by all means, replace everything with aluminum. But for longevity, I strongly encourage RPM parts where they're available. I think it's best to consider front suspension components first since they're most likely to break during a crash. You can wait on the rear parts until you do break something and upgrade it at that time.
Thanks for the really great and insightful help! Everything you said makes a lot of sense, I never thought about it that way. It's best to be strong *and* flexible! I appreciate that.