RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nexa P-47D Hairless Joe
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 06:37 PM
allanflowers

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Nexa P-47D Hairless Joe

This is a report on my build of the Nexa P-47 from Motion RC. It is a balsa & ply ARF, formerly sold as the VK product.
It has just been finished today, flying may happen on Sunday if the weather holds up and I can get down to the field (the road is rather muddy at the moment). The box arrived a week and a half ago so I have been busy with it. I don't think I have ever actually built an ARF before - plenty of kits and scratch builds however. I will say that, with this product at least, It takes an experienced person to expect any success. Instructions are bad, same as when the model was from VK.
The look of the model is very nice with a few notable problems. The decals (peel and stick), though generally very nice, do not have good opaque colors on the red and yellow. The numbers on the tail almost completely disappear on the gray fin which is disappointing. The black letters are great and most of the markings are on the printed covering already applied.
Another problem is the landing gear doors which stand so far off the wing as to be unusable in my opinon. I elected to make new gear doors out of .05 aluminum. The struts seem kind of flimsy but I won't know until I get it to the field.
Another issue is the fact that the nylon wing bolts seem to be too short so I had to replace them with longer (metal) ones.
The model can be done as electric or glow. I am using an old Saito 72 and servos from a previous project.

The following users liked this post:
capt1597 (02-05-2021)