RCU Forums - View Single Post - New tanker, looking for advice
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 02:25 PM
jbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New tanker, looking for advice

Hey guys, I've been building RC balsa planes for years. Thought I'd build a tank for a change. I've got this 1/6 metal Sherman I'm looking to get. Trying to assemble some parts and pieces while they finish building the kit. I'm not a real detailed scale fanatic. Digging around the internet I don't see much for accessories for these tanks here in the USA. I'm guessing there are some but I just haven't found them. I'm going to be using some metal etching primer on the metal but was looking for a reasonable close to scale color in rattle can as the finish. Is the standard Olive Drab in flat finish a good match? I'm also looking for some pilot busts (thats what we call them in the airplane world). Is there a supplier of busts (preferable already painted) that I can put in the hatch openings? Full body is probably a waste as I'm sure they would need to get cut down to fit inside the tank. Anyone anodized the aluminum tracks to get a dark grey color instead of painting them? Seems like the painting on the tracks would be a waste as it would just tend to wear off.
Just tell me everything I don't know to get me started! Thanks, Jerry.