RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 F-105 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 12:34 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 331 Likes on 218 Posts

Installing JMP air valve

I got some cone point set screws ordered for the landing gear. I hope this will solve the problem. If they do I can proceed to mounting the main gear doors and routing the brake lines and MRPM sensor wire.

Next trick was to get this installed into the fuse and refit all the plumbing

After some cutting, sanding, gluing, and drilling I got it this far and ready to epoxy the mounts on the fuse

Overnight the epoxy and paint cured and ready to assemble

I had to remove both servo cables to get more wire to the front where everything plugs into the CB400. It was a pain to take it all out and then put it all back in but I made a few improvements on the 2nd install

All the servo connectors to the MPI multi wing plug secured.

Thin Velcro one wrap holds the connectors up and out of the way of the wing mounting bolt holes. This was a problem on the first install as the wires were blocking the upper bolt hole

All the air plumbing reconnected to the air valve and ready to test. Oh, not so fast... now the fuel tray won't fit. The air lines on top of the valve are too tall. I think I can trim them down some but not sure if it will be enough. It's always something...Time for an attitude readjustment!

Last edited by Viper1GJ; 02-20-2021 at 12:39 PM.