RCU Forums - View Single Post - Devo 10 (DeviationTX) & Taigen v3 MFU
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 04:15 PM
sclui

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Devo 10 (DeviationTX) & Taigen v3 MFU

I decided to pull out my 7-year old Walkera Devo 10 Tx to try operating my Taigen PZ4 running the v3 MFU.

This Devo 10 Tx is not running factory F/W, instead, it’s running DeviationTX v 5.0.0 last released in 04.2016, this is similar to OpenTX in that it allows for using different protocols. The only spare Rx I have is an Orange R615x, a 6-channel cPPM unit DSMX, but I hooked it up to the v3 MFU with the 6 patch wires supplied by Taigen.

The Devo 10 is setup to use simple mixes to start, so scales are -100 or 100. I was under the impression that the smoker and MG won’t work with non-Taigen Tx going in, however, when I fired up the PZ4 using the Devo 10, the smoker started working when I “engaged” the engine, and it continued to work until I “killed” the engine.

Should the smoker work with a non-factory Tx at all? I suppose I could just unplug the smoker from the MFU, or use a Rx with an extra channel to control it separately, but I like to know since I don’t want it active 100% of the time.

Secondly, as for the MG, Taigen probably tweaked the MFU to simulate extra channel like some of the Chinese RTF drones – having the controller use values in one of the existing channels well outside the normal range, the controller will then strip these values off and treat it as an extra channel? Does anyone know what channel it may be and the associated value range?