RCU Forums - View Single Post - F-16XL ARF by Global Knight Models from Global Jet Club
Old 03-24-2021, 04:15 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Just 5 pieces in bubble wrap inside the box. Forward fuse, aft fuse, vertical tail, left and right wings. No parts box. I hope the fuse is stuffed full of parts!

Unwrapped the tail and discovered the finish is a very flat matt finish. Not bad just different than I expected. I've been used to the SM and BVM gloss clear coat. It has a slight sheen if viewed at low angle to light. It actually reminds me of some or the F-16 jets I used to fly. I can't remember what the real XL was like since I only saw it once back in the early 80's. You won't get sun glint from this finish!

Forward fuse unwrapped next. Looks like fuse is stuffed with parts. I was not expecting the cream color. It is supposed to be a light grey. This looks like a factory paint shop mistake. This destroys the scale look of the jet. It will be hard to fix. TBD.

Rear fuse unwrapped next.

It is stuffed full parts. Also looks like an explosion in a hook up wire factory. Looks like it is pre wired but no plugs on wire ends.

Last edited by Viper1GJ; 03-24-2021 at 05:52 PM.