RCU Forums - View Single Post - F-16XL ARF by Global Knight Models from Global Jet Club
Old 03-25-2021, 05:36 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

After spending half a day doing yard chores I finally got to the shop and started modifying the fuel tanks. I'm installing a "high flow" fuel system using 3/16 ID fuel lines from vent to pump.

I found my fuel tank fittings fit right in the existing tank openings. I used a permagrit round file to score the inside of the tank fittings to grip the hysol epoxy.

3/16" ID tank fittings with threads scuffed up.

Fits like it was designed for it. I checked for clearance inside the fuse and there is plenty of room.

Cutting vent fitting holes with round permagrit file in drill

Test fit

I scuffed all the mating surfaces. I inspected inside both tanks with a small mirror and they looked pretty good. I have seen some China tanks that have blobs of chinapoxy and glass fibers inside that required cutting them open to clean up the mess. These had just some shop dust plus what I put in them cutting the holes.

Tank rinse and volume check

Both thank held less than 1.7 Liters. I estimated 1.68L or about 57 oz each for a total of only 116 oz. We will have to add another tank for sure to support my K-210G4.

I cleaned all the mating surfaces with acetone. Hysol was applied to both surfaces and parts inserted. Squeeze out cleaned off with Q-tips.