RCU Forums - View Single Post - Keeping members in the dark, no EC agenda published
Old 04-13-2021, 07:27 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

ElectriMan,
As the "worm"(who is from Canada and not an AMA member though he thinks he is due to being a MAAC member and that his opinion is actually relevant) stated above, I'm not an AMA member. That said, would I actually do what I stated above? The answer to that is a very resounding YES!!!!!! In fact, I have done that very thing at another organization when I didn't like how the elected officials were running the organization.
Did it hurt said organization? Not really. What it did do is remove my contacts and ability to do things from the organization and the board, something that took several years for them to reestablish. Even to this day, I still get approached by some of the long time members asking me for help or input, only to be told that, when I left, my ability to assist left with me. I still have friends that are members and am in frequent contact but, if the subject of the organization comes up, I change the subject.