RCU Forums - View Single Post - New servos tweeking
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 05:45 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Retiredat38
Unlike you I don't have to imagine. I know what the RF noise floor would be. Assuming all the equipment is properly tuned and aligned, the RF noise floor will be pretty much where it always is. Typically around negative 80 to negative 90 db. All the equipment in use should appear as individual signals rising above the noise floor.
Unless of course you don't agree?

Retract servos are suitable to be used only for retracts! Not boat rudders, sail control, flaps or anything else that might require a little thought.
2.4 GHz is immune to RFI.

So sayeth Speedracer the omnipotent.

To the Bit Bucket with you!

The noise floor at those events is not going to be a fixed value, it's all dependent on the equipment used and amount of equipment. Two teams playing that are low in the rankings as opposed to a playoff game will have a very different noise floor. Fact remains that signal swamping or reflection was never an issue in over 80 different sports arenas around the country.

No a retract servo will not work on a rudder, sail. It could be used on flaps if you only wanted one setting. Why? Because a retract servo is NOT proportional, then only go max travel to max travel and have no center. Some allow adjustment of end points and nothing more.

Once again putting words into others mouths. When did I say 2.4 was immune to RF? Read carefully, I said that a 2.4 TX does not have the power output to swamp its own RX. Nor does signal reflection happen with 2.4. The last time I experienced signal reflection was in the late '70s with a Kraft AM set.

Like I said earlier, the AMA forum is more your speed. Stick to the narrative and you can make up anything you want and get the ATTA BOYS you seem to crave.