RCU Forums - View Single Post - F-16XL ARF by Global Knight Models from Global Jet Club
Old 05-08-2021, 06:27 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 332 Likes on 219 Posts

RC equipment tray testing

I got he tray assembled and hooked up. I made power cables for the gear, lights, and AB LED controllers. Everything actually worked. I labeled all the jumper wires so If I have to take something out to work on it will be easy to hook everything back up.

Pondus asked "Why make a 3D printed holder for the Unilight controller when it sits in the mount with it's own mounting brackets?" There is no reason for it except to have a red base like the rest of the little boxes. Same for the CortexPro. Pure bling only! Plus I was excited like a 3 year old that just learned how to open the cookie jar by himself after I was able to adjust an existing file to make a different size base. I cant do CAD yet so I was just playing with the 3D printer.

I hooked up the board to test the turbine, AB lights, and landing lights.

The only problem I had was the landing lights. They come on and can be switched on and off with the manual switch on the control board but I can not get any RC control of them with the radio, I'm getting signal out of the CB 400 that will work a servo but it will not work the lights. I just gave up on it for now and will leave them off till I can get some help with the control or a replacement. There were no instructions at all so I got some tips from Joshua but no luck.

The AB light system works great. The landing gear system is next. I got a Xicoy LG15 controller from a friend and have to program it for the JP gear. If anybody has some settings for JP gear motors please let me know. I built a wire harness to test the gear through my Hanger 9 ammeter to get the max amp settings and cycle times.